GREAT NEWS FROM BMW of Springfield, NJ!Based on BBB files, BMW of Springfield, NJ have a BBB rating of A+ on a scale from A+ to F since 2003.
FYI, Overview of BBB grading
Grades are determined by awarding and deducting points for each element and then looking at the resulting score as a percentage of the highest score attainable
A ("perfect" score). All ratings are expressed as a percentage of the "perfect" score of 90 points.
For example, scoring 90 out of 90 points = 100%. Scoring 88 out of 90 points = 97.77%. Scoring 80 out of 90 points = 88.88%.
The ratings system uses grades from A to F, with plusses and minuses. A+ is the highest grade, and F is the lowest.
This chart shows the grades that are assigned based on the percentage of the "perfect" score:
What are BBB Ratings?
BBB assigns ratings by evaluating businesses in the following categories:
- BBB experience with the industry in which the business operates
- The business' length of time in operation
- Whether BBB has information that the business does not have required competency license
- Any known government actions against the business that are related to marketplace activities
- Any advertising issues found by BBB
- The number of complaints received by BBB from the business' customers
- The number of complaints received by BBB from the business' customers that are of a serious nature
- Whether the business has responded to complaints received by BBB
- Whether complaints have been resolved in a timely manner or the business has demonstrated it made a good faith effort to resolve them
- Business' overall complaint history with BBB
- Whether the business has failed to resolve the underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints
- Whether the business has honored any commitments to BBB to arbitrate or mediate disputes and comply with arbitrator decisions and mediated settlements
- Whether BBB has sufficient background information and clear understanding of business
- Whether the business is a BBB Accredited Business
- Whether BBB Accreditation was revoked because the business failed to comply with agreed BBB standards
- Ratings are determined by a proprietary formula that represents BBB's opinion as to (1) the importance of each category, and (2) the appropriate score given to the business for each category.
BBB assigns grades from A to F with pluses and minuses. A+ is the highest grade and F is the lowest. The grade represents BBB's degree of confidence that the business is operating in a trustworthy manner and will make a good faith effort to resolve any customer concerns filed with BBB.
Details as to any issues identified by BBB are contained in the business' BBB Reliability Report.
A business may receive an "NR" (No Rating) instead of a rating under circumstances that include:
- BBB file is being reviewed or updated
- BBB does not have sufficient information about the business
- Recent activity requires further review by BBB
- BBB's rating of a business reflects BBB's opinion about the business based on information in our files and BBB experience. The rating is not a guarantee of a business' reliability or performance, and readers should consider a business' rating in addition to all other available information about the business.
BBB ratings are subject to change on a daily basis based on changes in a business' BBB file.